Sunday, March 22, 2009

GDC 09: Day 0

So here I am in San Francisco, in a Hilton, 30 stories up from the ground. The view is amazing, although I have yet to see any ninjas practicing their art on any roofs. I guess that's more a New York thing...I get to spend this week at GDC (Game Developer's Conference) learning how to do my craft better and having fun at the same time hopefully. And all of this is funded by my job. Gotta love it.

So we (the Delta3D team) drove in from Monterey this afternoon, checked into the Hilton, and ate some good Chinese food in Chinatown. Unfortunately, we didn't get here quite early enough to see The Blanks in concert, but that's okay. Maybe I can make that trip to LA to see them. After dinner, we came back to the hotel and finished the night in typical nerd fashion, a game of Settler's.

Somewhere in this room there's a coupon for free Starbuck's continental breakfast, so tomorrow morning I plan on using that before my 2 day tutorial on Game Design. I'll keep you updated on how GDC treats me and what all I learn. I'm so excited for this week!

1 comment:

  1. "I have yet to see any ninjas practicing their art on any roofs."

    If they're really practicing their art, you won't see them.

    Paid for by your job? I thought you got out of the gaming biz. Regardless: LUCKY!

    ReplyDelete