Friday, June 22, 2012

The Magic of 3

Three has always been my favorite number.  I've never been able to explain, it just has been for all time.  So maybe this is why I notice the abundance of threes in my world.  The Trinity of God that I believe in (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit), the three seasons of Monterey (foggy, rainy, and sunny), three meals a day, the third season of TV shows tend to be where they start to get awesome (The Office, Buffy, Star Trek: The Next Generation, etc.), you must count to 3 when using holy implements, it helps you avoid time loopstrilogies tend to be better overall than just two movies in a series or four, you start with 3 lives, it takes 3 hits to kill a boss, there are 3 related items to find, there are 3 enemy categories (grunt, miniboss, boss), ninjas run around in 3s, primary colors come in threes (blue, red, yellow or red, green, blue), final bosses have three forms, at least three items are required to determine a pattern, and at least three items are needed to form a proper list.

I don't really have a point, I just like seeing the 3 in Three.

5 comments:

  1. Did we ever figure out what it means that there are 3 in Three and 55 in Twelve? I stared at that forever, but I don't think I ever understood it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the 3 in Three was because an indication that the numbers and letters could get along. I don't know about the 55 in Twelve, though...

      Delete
    2. The final screen in the game has a riddle that I never figured out. You can see it at the top of this PDF.

      Delete
    3. Oh. I just looked it up (I feel like I've done this before with no luck, but I found it now). The answer's here, #13.

      Delete
    4. Now that you mention it, I think I looked that up before, too...

      Delete