Monday, July 23, 2012

Brawl In The Family

One of my absolute favorite webcomics is Brawl In The Family.  First off, it's all Nintendo-based humor (generally related to Super Smash Brothers Brawl, hence the name).  Secondly, it's all very family-friendly humor.  Thirdly, there are a ton of visual gags/puns.  For the most part, the comic is just a series of random gags that either make fun of something very video game-y:

or character specific things:

The first set are mostly about Kirby eating something and what happens to him afterwards:

But every once in awhile, story arcs will appear or the artist, Matthew Taranto, will compose and perform a song that goes along with a comic.  I think those are my favorite.

So, yeah, there's a reason I gladly supported his Kickstarter to make a book of his comics - which is the first Kickstarter project I've given money to.

No comments:

Post a Comment