Monday, September 3, 2012

PAX 2012

I didn't get back from PAX until late last night and my dog clearly missed me (indicated by his insistence that I play with him at 8 am), hence the lateness of this post.  Last year was my first PAX, so I was very distracted by the immense amounts of free stuff and ended up not really getting to do much of anything.  I made sure not to make that mistake again this year and gave myself goals to achieve every day.  Here are the results in my favorite form, a list:


  • My card game was successfully play tested twice (which doesn't sound like much, but trying to wrangle a group of 5-10 people to play a game by yourself is quite difficult)
    • Result - I'm going to finish the rule book of my game and make a print to play version for people around the world to try out in the very near future.
  • I tried 10 new board games I have never played before
    • Result - Disappearance of a lot of money and future money will disappear for the games I couldn't find
  • I met, took a picture with, and got a signature from Ali Hillis, the voice behind Liara in the Mass Effect series
    • Result - 
  • I got to watch the fourth, fifth, and most of the final round of the Omegathon
    • Result - I had to leave before seeing who won the Omegathon and missed my flight to San Jose, so I had to switch to a flight to San Francisco and got home even later...but it was fun to watch.  :)
  • I met some other people who are making games of their own and got to try out some of their prototypes
All in all, it was a very fun and successful trip.  I will admit I'm a little afraid that next year's PAX is going to be 4 days...hopefully I'll survive it.  I'll leave you with the only other two pictures I took while I was there (I'm not even sure why I have a camera if I never use it...):

Mario and Star cookies from the Cookie Brigade, fancy 20-sided
die acquired for buying said cookies in the D&D area and an
awesome figurine from the D&D Legend of Drizzt board game
My favorite cosplay of the weekend and pretty much the
only female cosplay I could take pictures of without
feeling like a creepy perv...for non-Godzilla fans, that is
Anguirus and King Ghidora

1 comment: