Friday, September 13, 2013

Coming Attractions: Fall 2013 Television


New shows are in bold.  Each show is followed by when it starts and what channel, roughly what I know about it, and my expectations for it
  • Sundays
    • The Amazing Race
      • Starts September 29th on CBS
      • One of my two favorite reality competitions where teams race around the world trying to complete various challenges and reach their destination before the other teams
      • Hopefully there won't be super annoying drama teams this year or if there are they get knocked out early (kind of a general hope for all reality competition shows)
    • Once Upon A Time
      • Starts September 29th on ABC
      • Every fairy tale you've ever heard is true, just in another dimension and this is a story about those dimensions and characters colliding with our own
      • I'm hoping there are more character reveals where the audience gets to try to figure them out during the episode
  • Mondays
    • Sleepy Hollow
      • Starts September 16th on FOX
      • Ichabod Crane and the Headless Horseman are in modern times
      • I'm not entirely sure what to expect, but this will get the normal three episode judgement of a new show, looks like it could be entertaining
    • How I Met Your Mother
      • Starts September 23rd on CBS
      • Final season where Ted will finally meet the mother
      • There better not be any nonsense about Robin and Ted getting back together, that should've stopped after season 2 and yet it keeps reoccuring
  • Tuesdays
    • Brooklyn Nine-Nine
      • Starts September 17th on FOX
      • Not sure the premise is, looks like a funny show about cops
      • The trailers for this were pretty funny, hopefully the trailers didn't show all the jokes
    • Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
      • Starts September 24th on ABC
      • Joss Whedon.  Marvel.  Superheroes.
      • Joss Whedon.  Marvel.  Superheroes.
    • New Girl 
      • Starts September 17th on FOX
      • Zooey Deschanel being awkward and funny and a bunch of guys being funny
      • Honestly, I was starting to lose interest in this show near the end of last season, so I hope it gets me hooked again somehow
  • Wednesdays
    • The Tomorrow People
      • Starts October 9th on CW
      • Superheroes.
      • Superheroes.
    • Survivor
      • Starts September 18th on CBS
      • My other favorite reality competition because the people design the actual game aspects (both the overall game and the challenges) are really good and I love to see what they add/change next
      • Again, hoping there isn't a super drama contestant or if there is, they should at least be entertaining drama like Coach "The Dragon Slayer" Wade
    • Arrow
      • Starts October 9th on CW
      • Modern day, mostly realistic Green Lantern TV show
      • I was amazed by how much I like this show last year and hope they just continue being awesome!
  • Thursdays
    • The Crazy Ones
      • Starts September 26th on CBS
      • Robin Williams and Sarah Michelle Gellar in a comedy about something or other
      • Robin Williams and Sarah Michelle Gellar are enough to sell me on just about anything
    • Once Upon A Time in Wonderland
      • Starts October 10th on ABC
      • Once Upon A Time spin-off focused on the Wonderland dimension and Alice in the modern world
      • I'm honestly not expecting to like this one as much as the original for a number of reasons, but I'm hoping to be wrong
    • The Big Bang Theory
      • Starts September 26th on CBS
      • Seven characters getting more and more caricatured as their roles as nerds doing random stuff that is usually funny
      • I'm constantly going back and forth about how I feel about this show.  Some weeks it's hilarious.  Other weeks they take something geeky and portray it as inaccurately as possible in order to get cheap laughs and I get mad.  Other weeks Leonard is just completely incompetent at even the most basic common sense thing when it comes to interacting with Penny and it makes no sense.

3 comments:

  1. Survivor and Amazing Race! I have the start dates on my calendar already. I was thinking of you the other day - did you hear that Whose Line Is It Anyway is back? Without annoying Drew Carey. I watched an episode and it felt very nostalgic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had heard the show was coming back, but didn't know it was on, so I haven't watch it yet. I'll have to add that to the list! Glad they got rid of Drew Carey, he's a terrible host for that show.

      Delete