Monday, September 16, 2013

Coming Attractions: Fall 2013 Video Games


  • September
    • The Wonderful 101
      • Out Now!
      • Strategic action game about controlling up to 100 super heroes at once much like Pikmin in a Pikmin game or like the armies in Little Kings Story
      • I've heard this is very difficult, so I'm probably going to put it on the end of my list for now
  • October
    • LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
      • October 18th
      • A TT Games LEGO game with Marvel super heroes
      • I have yet to be disappointed by a Lego game and they have only gotten better after each one
    • Sonic Lost World
      • October 22nd
      • A Super Mario Galaxy-style game involving Sonic and his universe
      • This looks like it will be pretty fun with even more Gamepad cooperative gameplay like Rayman Legends and Super Luigi U
    • Batman: Arkham Origins
      • October 25th
      • The prequel to the two previous Batman: Arkham games
      • Although this is developed by a different company, I still am hoping that this will be a quality adventure with a lot of detail and uniqueness for each of the villains.  I hope this game does justice to the other two and isn't just a quick cash grab
    • Wii Party U
      • October 25th
      • A Wii U mini-game party game akin to Mario Party, but with Miis
      • Honestly, I'm getting this for two reasons: It comes with a motion plus Wiimote and so far the Wii U has been a really good party system for my house on game nights with Nintendo Land, Super Luigi U, and Rayman Legends
    • Assasssin's Creed 4: Black Flag
      • October 29th
      • The fourth assassin ancestor of Desmond (I think it's the sixth main game in the series?) involving pirates and of course, assassins
      • I'm really hoping they utilize the Gamepad in some unique way, but even if it's just a more convenient map, it'll still be worth me purchasing it on the Wii U in my opinion
  • November
    • Watch Dogs
      • November 19th
      • Open world hacking game.  I don't know too much about the game because the short trailer a saw impressed me enough to convince me that I want it, so I stopped paying attention to anything about it (how I normally treat anything I am already convinced I want to buy)
      • Just like AC4, I'm hoping they make good use of the Gamepad and that there are a plethora of ways to hack through any given situation
    • The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
      • November 22nd
      • A 3DS Legend of Zelda game that's essentially a successor to Link to the Past, which was my absolute favorite Zelda game ever
      • I hope the Overworld and Dark world is as vast and filled with as many little secrets as the SNES game
    • Super Mario World 3D
      • November 22nd
      • A sequel to the 3DS's Mario Land 3D, but adding in multiplayers and different character abilities like in Super Mario Bros. 2 (at least as far as I understand it)
      • Whether I end up playing it alone or with friends, Mario Land 3D was one of my favorite recent Mario games, so more games in this style excite me
  • Undetermined
    • Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies
      • The fifth entry in the Phoenix Wright series of defense attorney detective/puzzle gameplay
      • I've only recently gone back and started playing the Phoenix Wright games, but they are definitely right up my alley: grand mysteries, awesome plot twists, and puzzle gameplay.  Essentially each one is an interactive story that reminds me of the Two Minute Mysteries I used to read as a kid

No comments:

Post a Comment